Friday, September 21, 2007

Remotes and Interprative Dance

I got out our little advent ornaments that I made last year for the two older kids to count them up and see what needed to be made this year. All three of the kids loves looking through them and got them excited for Christmas (I know, I know!! Halloween has barely hit my radar, too)

P: How far away is Christmas.
A: September, October, November, December. Three months and a few days.
P: Three days?? [hopeful, excited]
A: No, three MONTHS. That's still a long time.
T: Wait a minute! Christmas was yesterday mom! Where's my stocking?
A: Nice try, kid.
T: Oh [laughing] that's right, it's tomorrow isn't it?
A: Um, no. Nice try again.

Later, while tending to tomato plants:

P: I'm sad that we won't have any snow for Christmas this year.
T: It's ok, I'll buy a remote and push the button and make it snow so it can be Christmas tomorrow!
P: [leaning over to me and whispering] Is that true?

For the rest of the night he talked about his snow remote.

No comments: