Saturday, August 18, 2007

Curve balls

I'll be the first to point out that my gender guessing accuracy stands at precisely 25%. I was *positive* that this would be a boy. It's a situation just like PB, where we had a boy name all picked out and couldn't even think of a girl name. Well, back to the drawing board. We also are extremely picky in our criteria, so we'll just have to see what comes up.

I even had a whole "it's a boy!" blog in mind. Here's the song I adapted:

(sung to Eiffel 65's "Blue")

Blue is the color I shall paint his walls
Blue is the color of his little [ahem]
Blue are his curtains and his crib set to
I have a baby, and he is so blue.

He's blue da ba dee da ba die
da ba deeee da ba bah die... (etc)

So, now that it's a girl, which is great!, I need to think of a girl song.

[thinks]

All moms love a beautiful girl
And announce her to the rest of the world
I want to have one who will walk in the sun
Oh girls they want to have fun
Oh girls they are so much fun!

All that I really want
Some fun
When the working day is done
Girls--they want to have fun
Oh girls they are so much fun,
They want to have fun,
They want to have fun...

The idea I had behind wanting another boy was so that my cute Tag would have a brother. Everyone should have a brother. Oh, well. My dear brother had 3 sisters and so will Tag.

I wonder what she'll look like!! From the ultrasound it looked like she had a Pebbles mouth and nose, so we'll just have to see if Pebbles has a mini-me.

3 comments:

Sarah Beck said...

congrats on baby girl (at least finding out it's a baby girl). girls are so fun!

Kelly said...

Congrats!! You guys make cute kids, so I'm sure she'll be beautiful!

jen said...

Another girl! Congrats!