Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pest control

Ugh! The lady from the neighborhood office called yesterday to let me know that we are scheduled for pest control today. That means that we have to pull everything in the house away from the walls (a neat trick in the kids' room, I tell ya what), clear out the floors of all closets, completely clear off all counters, and be ready to go at a moment's notice from 8-12 today, which includes when Pebbles usually takes her nap. At that point we get to play at the park until the poison dries, which takes 2 hours.

Is it worth it? We've never lived in an apartment where they took pest control seriously and now I can kind of see why. Who in their right mind would turn their house upside down, with a possible two day recovery, until the pests were so bad that when you open up the bathroom medicine cabinet a grinning rat you've named Reggie hands you the floss?

Ok, ok, exaggeration. I bet I'll have everything back together by the time Man comes home tonight and I'll be able to do a decent deep clean on each room. What a genuine pain in the rear though. Pizza for dinner.

No comments: